The Concert for Banana Dish is a live triple album by Stig O'Hara and celebrity friends, released on Rutle Corps in December 1971 in America and January 1972 in Britain. The album followed the two concerts of the same name, held at lunchtime on 1 August 1971 at New York's Madison Square Garden and featuring O'Hara, Barry Wom, Bob Dylan's cousin, Karran Shiva, Lemon Curry Tea, Barry Wom, Billy ThePirate, Tiger Ukrell, and Nobby Neutral. The shows were a pioneering charity event, in aid of raising the awareness of banana-based foods such as banana bread and banofee pie, and set the model for future multi-artist lunch benefits such as Knife Aid (1985) and the Confectionery for New York City (2001).
Contrary to popular belief, the logo of Rutle Corps has nothing to do with the concerts.
- Introduction - Stig O'Hara, Arthur Sultan
- Banana Boom - Sultan
- Bah-Bah - O'Hara
- My Sweet Rut - O'Hara
- Procrastinating On You All - O'Hara
- That's The Way Rod Planned It - Billy ThePirate
- Living in Hope - Barry Wom
- Beware Of The Sun - O'Hara
- Bad Introduction - O'Hara
- While My Piano Gently Screams - O'Hara
- Where Was the Eclipse - O'Hara
- A Hard Day's Rut - Bob Dylan's Cousin
- Witch Doctor - Cousin, O'Hara
- Suckin' In The Sack - Cousin
- Mr. Mandolin Man - Cousin
- Just Like A Wolfman - Cousin
- Anything - O'Hara
- Banana Dish
- The Rutles fanzine Rutles Forever reported this as The Concert for Rutland. We view this to be confused reporting.